Whether you're visiting the Big Bend National Park, the Guadalupe Mountains National Park, one of our many outstanding state parks in the region, you're sure to find a trail just right for you!
The Texas Mountain Trail offers some of the best trails and scenic vistas in the country!
Texas Monthly ranks two of our premiere hikes in their TOP TEN for Texas!
- #1 South Rim Hike, Big Bend National Park
- #2 Guadalupe Peak, Guadalupe Mountains National Park
Their "Rest of the Best" hikes include:
- Davis Mountains State Park to Fort Davis National Historic Site
- Bush Mountain, Smith Spring and McKittrick Canyon in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Santa Elena Canyon in Big Bend National Park
Ranchieras Canyon Trail in Big Bend Ranch State Park
Photo by Eric Bollinger
Peak Fitness Challenge!
Want to join the fun? Here's how you can hike our Texas Mountain Trail Heritage Hikes and take part in the Peak Fitness Challenge!!
- Go to the Challenge's website at www.geobetty.com/peak and sign up
- Browse the trail offerings in Guadalupe Mountains National Park and Franklin Mountains State Park (note the trail difficulty levels and heritage information there....they may help you decide which trail to tackle first!)
- Stroll, hike or run the trails, then come home and log it on your profile on the Challenge website
- Your name will automatically be entered into random drawings for prizes!
- Make a plan to take more hikes, set a goal...perhaps you want to tackle the highest peaks in each park?
Above all, have a great time in our mountains!!
Click HERE to read about the Texas Mountain Trail Heritage Hikes in the Peak Fitness Challenge!